This Week in First ....

Math: I can rock the CBA!

Writing: We can select powerful,descriptive words that help paint a picture in our reader's mind.
Spelling: We can spell words with rhyme patterns -ee and bl- blend.

Reading: We can read with our book club.

Science: We can use book creator to finish a project on weather.

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Writing and Reading

This week in writing we have been working on adding more details to our stories. We have used our five senses and made circle maps. Today we discussed adding adjectives to our stories. Instead of writing "I see a pumpkin." we should write "I see a huge orange pumpkin."  This is a work in progress and will continue to work on this all year. 





In reading we are discussing the different styles authors use in their stories. Today we read a few Froggy books and noticed the language that is used. The author likes to add sounds to the story. When Froggy gets out of bed he flops out of bed with a "flip, flop, flop" every time. 
Tomorrow we will look at another author's style of writing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment